What sort of dynamic might effectively engage in mission to a society that is both highly mobilised and highly localised? Drawing historical parallels [from my previous post], we might suggest:
- an outward-looking but gathered/clustered community;
- offering a quality contribution to the wider population (a 'product', such as youth work, for example);
- delivered through networked small-scale diversity, rather than a monopoly;
- having a stable critical mass at its core, but a high turnover of individuals;
- moving in multiple directions between connected communities in other cities.
It would be interesting to collate some examples: if you know of any, let me know.