Thursday, January 12, 2006

Making Adjustments

While Susannah is getting used to going to school, and Noah to not having Susannah around as a play-mate, I'm spending my time filling out job application forms. It is a long time since I have been in this position. At the moment we see the bigger picture clearer than the detail; the longer view better than the foreground; and I'm pushing doors and seeing which might open. It has been interesting to think through those areas I might like to gain experience in, and the transferable skills I would bring to a position outside of my immediate previous experience; and at times it is quite intimidating, too.

An update on my sister: she had several really good days looking after her baby in the mother-and-baby facility, but has since had to be readmitted to the neuro-surgical ward, as there is still too much pressure inside her skull and the medics aren't sure why that is. So it is a game of snakes and ladders.

No comments:

Post a Comment