Monday, February 07, 2005

The Difference Between

...legalism and discipline is that legalism dictates "one-size-[answer; way]-fits-all" while discipline accepts that different people are different shapes and sizes [I'm primarily speaking personality-wise here] and therefore one size does not fit all, but, regardless of your size, you do need to (learn and) wear the size that fits you.

Lent begins in two days' time - a six-week season of embracing discipline. Which is something that I'm not very good at, despite the fact that many areas of my life would be easier if I had a bit more discipline (not legalism) (for example, getting up earlier would make the whole getting-the-family-up-and-washed-and-dressed-and-breakfasted-and-out-in-the-morning thing much easier!). So this Lent, I'll be looking to build a few new small steps into my exercise routine. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment