Monday, July 11, 2005

Scrabble

It has been hot, for here - high 20'sC - the past two days, and forecast to stay that way for the rest of the week. This evening, Jo, Kirsty and I played Scrabble in the garden. I am, quite possibly, the world's slowest Scrabble player, but there we are...

We have an ordinand on placement with us for the next two weeks (and again for a fortnight in September, but I shall be gone by then), and I'm co-ordinating his time with us. In some ways, this is not the best time of year to get an exposure to the variety of life at St Tom's, as pretty much everything slows down over the summer and picks up again with the start of the new academic year - when students return, and families get back from the staggered holiday season. So, I have no idea what he'll make of this fortnight. I suspect it will prove worthwhile in ways that could never be "co-ordinated" anyway. Which is good, because my co-ordinating abilities rank up there with my Scrabble skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment