Friday, December 11, 2020

Advent day 13 (2020)

 


 

People of God: be glad!

Your God delights in you,

giving you joy for sadness

and turning the dark to light.

Be strong in hope therefore;

for your God comes to save.

You are God’s children.

Lord, make us one in the love of Christ

today and for ever.

Amen.

 

God delights in you, a child of God.

Up and down our stairs, you will find photographs of our three children. Individual shots at comparable ages, as babies, pre-schoolers, first day at school. Group images, tracking primary schools, recording a skiing holiday. If you ask, and even if you don’t, I will happily tell you stories of the things they’ve said and done, that have made me laugh, that have made me proud, that have driven me to distraction.

I imagine God doing something similar, cherishing his memories of you, exchanging stories about you with the angels. I wonder whether you can, too?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment