Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tracing An Arc, Part 2

…so I booked myself into The Priory in London to recover. Okay, not strictly true. But I did have to go to The Priory – which is where British celebrities go to deal with their addictions and the inner demons that fuel them, where Amy Winehouse has in mind when she sings, “They tried to make me go to rehab; I said, no, no, no!” Apparently this is standard practice for anyone who is applying to be ordained in the Church of England who has any history of depression (I have, as a teenager), so they can be assessed by a consultant psychiatrist.

Walking down the long driveway, overnight bag in hand (because it was a morning appointment and I stayed in London the night before), was a surreal experience.



In case anyone is wondering, they had no concerns.


No comments:

Post a Comment