Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shuffle

I’ve let myself be too busy of late. Not blogging, not taking photos, not listening to music. Sure, all those things can become addictive, can take up too much time. But all work and no play makes Jack a dull lad. We’re made to live in a rhythm of rest and work, recreation and creating.

So I’ve got out my iPod Shuffle for the first time in a while. There’s not much on it at the moment: 4 albums, nothing new, mostly early 90’s. Annie Lennox’s haunting Diva; Suzanne Vega’s quirky 99.9 Fahrenheit Degrees; Crowded House’s compiled Recurring Dream; and U2’s pulsating Achtung Baby.

So, what should I add next?


,

3 comments:

  1. How about something new?
    The Cinematic Orchestra's latest album - Ma Fleur - is by all accounts a thing of great beauty. Bit folky, bit jazzy, very good for recreation and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to dig out that Suzanne Vega album now you've reminded me of it - I played it loads when it first came out. Quirky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, something new is just the thing.

    And I have bought new albums in the past year, and I have had both The Feeling and James Morrison on my iPod. But we'd been listening to them in the car, and I was after a change. So going back to old stuff I hadn't listened to for a long time has been/is fun. Annie Lennox has a great voice, and Suzanne Vega is so intelligent and articulate, and has a fantastic bassist...Crowded House are always likely to feature, and I just can't imagine my having an iPod without U2's Achtung Baby on it. I am so showing my age ;-)

    But it does need something new to balance somethings old. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete