Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Open invite




I am very aware of how stretched so many people around me (and including myself) are at present. In every sphere of my life I am seeing competent professionals dropping the ball, sometimes repeatedly, through sheer exhaustion. It is like watching Scotland play rugby in the bad old days. We are still trying to manage life under pandemic conditions, with the pressure of business-as-normal in circumstances that are not as they previously were.

Therefore, I will be opening St Nicholas’ church between 6.00-7.00 p.m. on each Monday in Advent (29th November; 6th, 13th and 20th December) as a space to sit under the stars, to pray or reflect or simply catch breath.

Come along at any point in that hour, stay for as short or as long as you need. There will be quiet music in the background, and I will be available if you need to speak, but essentially this is a gift of space.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment