Monday, December 15, 2014

Vintage Blogger

On 15th December 2004, I wrote my first blog post. Ten years on, today I become a ‘vintage blogger’.

Over the past decade, our family has moved from Sheffield (S6 postcode, from which my blog took its original title, ‘6 good reasons’) to Perth (Western Australia) back to Sheffield (S10 postcode) to Nottingham (to theological college) to Liverpool to Southport (curacies) to Sunderland (and hopefully a longer settled season of life).

The look and feel of ‘kairos : kisses’ has changed with each of these new chapters, but I still find myself reflecting on life from a particular faith perspective, wrestling with words to navigate and provisionally shape the world in response to the Word through whom the world was created. It turns out that this is one of the tasks to which I am called.

Along the way, I have made new friends and kept in touch with old friends through writing this blog, even if most of our conversations have taken place in other places – face-to-face or through Facebook or by email or Skype. By the gift of these friendships, I am blessed. For the gift of these friendships, I am thankful.

So ‘thank you!’ to everyone who has been part of the story, past and present, for all of that time or more recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment