Thursday, March 08, 2012

International Women's Day



Today is International Women’s Day.  Here are three women who inspire me:

My mum, Rose Dowsett.  A church historian and one of the most respected missiologists in the world; a true pioneer in the field of missiology, and a women recognised by evangelical men who, as a tribe, do not have a great track-record for recognising women...A trail-blazer, at great personal cost.  Not only did she give birth to me; she also passed on the missiological genes of her DNA.  My passions, while unique to me and distinct from hers, come to me from and through her.  Thank you, mum.

My wife, Joanna Dowsett.  A true noble woman, and unsung heroine.  A pioneer, but a rare breed – a pioneer pastor, one who makes the frontier home, in the face of adversity.  Again, at great personal cost.  Without her, I am nothing.  Thank you.

My friend, Joannah Saxton.  For now, her life inspires many others.  But when they come to write down the legends of our generation, her name will continue to inspire countless others, long after we are no longer to be found in this world.  I am proud to call her my friend; even to call her sis...

And countless other women.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment