Friday, June 24, 2011

Receive : Give




The lectionary readings for Morning Prayer are in 2 Chronicles and Romans at the moment.  This verse stood out for me as I read the account of Hezekiah’s reign:

“Hezekiah spoke encouragingly to all the Levites, who showed good understanding of the service of the LORD.” (2 Chronicles 30:22a)

The vicarage garden has a labyrinth within it, and as I walked the path this morning I meditated on these words.  As I walked into the centre of the labyrinth, I gave thanks for those who speak encouragingly into my life; and as I walked back out again, I prayed that I would be one who speaks encouragingly to those I have been given to be in the service of the Lord alongside.

This, too, ties in with the themes of relationship and responsibility, of invitation and challenge, on which I have been reflecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment