Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Giving Thanks


This morning we are giving thanks for answered prayer – and for all of you who prayed for Noah.  Yesterday the doctor told us that the cut was too deep to glue, and that Noah would need stitches this morning.  This morning, there was no need for stitches – or even glue.  And there was confirmation that those who had made the decision yesterday were surprised by today’s news.  God is good.

My reflection is this: that to pray is to make a deliberate decision to locate ourselves within the kingdom of heaven.  We may not get what we want, but in choosing to stand there, we receive what we need.

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.  Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in you.” (Psalm 143:8, 9)


1 comment:

  1. Good news!

    As an aside, love your summary of what it is to pray.

    ReplyDelete