Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back In Circulation

I got back from Dallas on Friday. It was a good trip, on so many levels. But on a physical level I found the travelling, and especially the hours on the planes, harder than I’ve ever found it before. In part, probably, because I was new-baby tired before I started; and in part because the extra security measures currently operating are, frankly, tiresome – I understand why they are there; but, understanding does not alleviate the physical pressure, even if it mitigates against some of the emotional pressure. For example, everyone having to remove their shoes to go through the metal-detectors, and then put them on again, makes the process that much longer; and yet it seems no allowances are made for that…you are constantly being pushed onwards by security staff, like cattle, as if we are an inconvenience to them rather than they are there to serve our safety…


It was great to get home, and to go out for a walk on the Longshaw Estate with the family on Saturday. While I was away, the temperature here dropped: I returned to the children wearing vests under their tee-shirts. I love autumn…


No comments:

Post a Comment