Friday, September 29, 2006

Dallas

A couple of people have asked me why I’m off to Dallas for five days on Sunday.

My friend and fellow TOM member Anders Michael Hansen (present Principal of the Skandinavisk Akademi for Lederskab og Teologi) is in the process of gathering a group of European church planters who will be meeting up twice a year over 2007-09, to cross-fertilise: to share the models they are developing, what they perceive to be their strengths and weaknesses, to learn from each other. Anders Michael will be overseeing the group, along with Mike Breen (present Superior of The Order of Mission). I’ve been asked to be involved in a small team who will facilitate the group. We’re going to Dallas to get some training at the Leadership Network, who are looking to fund the project.

To be honest, I’d rather not be away from the family at this time – Elijah is six weeks old today; and though I went to Sweden when Noah was a new baby, three are more of a handful than two! But I’ve been looking for a way to be involved in European missional church experiments, at a strategic networking level. And if I have to go to Dallas first in order to do so, that – along with gifts for Jo and the children on my return! – is a small price to pay.


, , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment