Saturday, June 03, 2006

Giant

“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
Isaac Newton


He’s tall, he’s skinny, and he’s a Kiwi. Andrew Jones has been blogging away for five years today, which in human years makes him about 86. At eighteen months, I’m still in short trousers…

He would tell you that there are better bloggers than he out there: bloggers who have better-looking blogs (for what he has done with green, alone, he’ll get no argument from me on that score); bloggers who write better posts about more relevant matters (here there is more scope to politely disagree). But I know of few bloggers who are as generous to others as Andrew; and none who are more so.

I am one of countless bloggers who were inspired to blog directly or indirectly by Andrew, and who continue to be inspired and influenced by him; who love him and thank God for him daily. The blogosphere would have been a poorer place without him over the past five years. For pioneering for us, inspiring us, and encouraging us, thank you, tallskinnykiwi!

[No comments on this post, and no technorati tags, lest I should take away from or take advantage of a friend.]

No comments: