Thursday, December 30, 2004

Driving North

We drove north to Glasgow today, to spend New Year with my extended family. As we drove, the radio played in the background. Noah (2 in January) treated us to air-guitar accompaniment! Apparently the ability to play air-guitar is inherent to those with a Y-chromosome, not learned-behaviour...Picture a toddler getting satisfaction playing "All Right Now."

We hadn't been at mum and dad's five minutes before my brother turned up; and he hadn't been long gone when my sister, brother-in-law and nephew called round, distributing presents and precipitating a general giving of gifts. Somehow I'd thought it might be a bit more civilised, less rushed. But, it was good to see them. Living so far apart, sometimes you just have to catch the moment while you can! Even if it it easier on the extroverts than on introverts like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment